What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our website?
We collect some personal information from visitors of our site when they use our forms.
- Contact form: Your email address is stored in a database
- Checkout form: We log certain transaction information to provide support and fix problems. The Hub does not retain this information long-term or use it for our own commercial purposes. The Hub does not store any credit card information on our servers.
How do we protect your information?
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit as safe as possible.
We use regular Malware Scanning.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user makes a donation, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. All transactions are processed securely through Stripe. To learn about Stripe security click here.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
If you turn cookies off, it should not impact your ability to use our website or services.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information.
We do not sell third-party products on our website.
We use Google Analytics to compile data regarding user interactions.
Users can opt out of Google Analytics tracking by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
Users can visit our site anonymously.
You can change or delete your personal information:
• By emailing us
Does fundjournalism.org allow third-party behavioral tracking?
We do not allow third-party behavioral tracking
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be compliant with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify you via email
• Within 7 business days
We will notify the users via in-site notification
• Within 7 business days
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address on our Contact Us page in order to:
• Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
• Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
• Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
• Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
• Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
• Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
• Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails:
• Follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and we will promptly remove you from all correspondence.
News Revenue Hub
6322 Lake Shore Drive
San Diego, CA 92119
Last Edited on 2018-03-16