Starting salary: $70,000 per year
Location: Remote (Permanent)
The News Revenue Hub is looking for a task-motivated Project Manager to organize and execute our audience and membership work. This person will work closely with our member newsrooms to size up their audience development and membership needs and execute strategies that set them up for spectacular results.
This role spends half their time executing deliverables, and the other half seeking solutions that are tailored to our clients’ needs. The ideal candidate for this role will have experience with reader revenue/fundraising campaigns as well as a demonstrated understanding of audience and/or product development in a newsroom.This role can enthusiastically manage multiple projects at once and will join a team of specialists doing audience and membership development at the Hub.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Manage an organization’s full experience at the Hub, beginning with onboarding and then throughout the organization’s partnership with us
- Keep track of multiple projects with their accompanying metrics, milestones, timelines, task lists and budgets
- Execute audience development strategies for newsrooms.
- Execute fundraising development strategies and campaign management with newsrooms.
- Host meetings and trainings with newsroom stakeholders, taking notes and keeping consistent meeting logs.
- Have a finger on the pulse of developments taking place in the industry, including in technology, UX, and fundraising—inviting opinions from peers and sharing our point of view with our newsrooms
- 3+ years of newsroom experience in audience development and/or product management roles
- Experience with Google Analytics required; experience with Parse.ly and other analytics suites a plus. Additional experience with Google Data Studio, advanced Excel, and Tableau also a plus.
- You are a positive and strong communicator (verbal and written) and understand how to keep team members informed
- You have strong planning and organizational skills; certification in Agile methodology or product management a plus but not required
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and don’t shy away from tough conversations when required to get the job done
- You are entrepreneurial, good at managing your time and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- Working knowledge of project management software, such as Basecamp, a plus
About News Revenue Hub
We are a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization dedicated to helping news outlets develop stronger business models. We provide a robust technology infrastructure specifically designed for journalism fundraising, along with customized strategies for audience and membership and donor development.?
We work with over 70 news organizations and have had the opportunity to work on projects with big impact. Our approach to sustainability is holistic and we work closely with editors and audience strategists as we do with membership officers and fundraisers.
News Revenue Hub works with news organizations to implement fundraising models, automate time consuming processes, conduct experiments, adopt best practices, and more. Our mission is to help newsrooms achieve financial sustainability and take on the heavy lifting so our members can focus on what they do best: producing high quality journalism.
About the Team
The Hub is a fully remote operation built on communication, transparency, trust and respect. This role will be shaped by the News Revenue Hub team and incorporate feedback and lessons learned from our members. Your day to day work will likely include:
- Interfacing with journalists, editors, and C-Suite executives representing our member newsrooms
- Training newsroom staff on best practices related to newsletter and product development, SEO, social media, analytics, and more
- Setting up analytics and reports for member newsrooms
We understand that you may not have direct experience in all of these areas. In fact, our team comes from a variety of backgrounds including journalism, technology, nonprofit management and the humanities sector. But we do ask that applicants have demonstrated experience working in journalism. Additionally, we value an openness to learning and collaboration.
Benefits of working at the Hub include:
- 100% remote team with post-pandemic potential travel
- Full health benefits (medical, dental vision). The Hub pays 80% of your premium, 50% of any dependents.
- 401k plan with match
- Home office stipend and cell phone reimbursement
- Flexible work hours with a generous vacation policy
- Life insurance
The deadline to apply is August 29, 2021
All applications should be submitted through the link in this job posting. If you’re interested in this position but aren’t sure if your background is the perfect fit, please still apply. The Hub is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage candidates of all ages, color, ethnic background, country of origin, religion, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, and gender identity to apply.