Location: Remote (Permanent)
The News Revenue Hub is a mission-driven 501(c)3 nonprofit organization dedicated to helping news outlets develop stronger business models. We provide a robust technology infrastructure specifically designed for journalism fundraising, along with customized strategies for audience and donor development.
We are looking for a qualified frontend developer with a passion for mission-driven work to join our team. You will be responsible for building the ‘client-side’ of our web applications. You should be able to translate our stakeholder needs into functional and appealing interactive applications. We expect you to be a tech-savvy professional, who is curious about new digital technologies and aspires to combine usability with visual design. Ultimately, you should be able to create a functional, accessible and attractive digital environment for us, ensuring great user experience. If you’re interested in creating a user-friendly environment by writing code, and advancing in your career, this job is for you. There will be opportunities to work on backend technology for those interested (Python, Flask, Docker, Heroku, AWS, GCP).
Projects may include
- Develop public facing donation page templates
- Develop public facing portals for administrators and users
- Develop dashboards and other data visualizations
- Manage, maintain, and incrementally improve existing public facing infrastructure
- Use markup languages like HTML to create user-friendly web pages
- Maintain and improve website
- Design mobile-based features
- Collaborate with back-end developers and web designers to improve usability
- Get feedback from, and build solutions for, users and customers
- Write functional requirement documents and guides
- Create quality mockups and prototypes
- Help back-end developers with coding and troubleshooting
- Ensure high quality graphic standards and brand consistency
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies
- Proven work experience as a Front-end developer
- Experience with templating languages like Django’s, Jinja2, etc.
- Experience with frontend frameworks (Vue.js preferred)
- Experience with Node
- Familiarity with browser testing and debugging
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development and deployment)
- Understanding of layout aesthetics
- Solid understanding of Git
- Knowledge of SEO principles
- Experience with Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager helpful
- Build systems (Webpack, Gulp, Babel, etc)
- Mobile browser testing (e.g. BrowserStack)
Benefits of working at the Hub include:
- 100% remote team with post-pandemic potential travel
- Full health benefits (medical, dental vision). The Hub pays 80% of your premium, 50% of any dependents.
- 401k plan with match
- Home office stipend and cell phone reimbursement
- Flexible work hours with a generous vacation policy
- Life insurance
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
The deadline to apply is November 30, 2020.
All applications should be submitted through the link in this job posting. If you’re interested in this position but aren’t sure if your background is the perfect fit, please still apply. The Hub is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage candidates of all ages, color, ethnic background, country of origin, religion, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, and gender identity to apply.