The News Revenue Hub is seeking a contract data analyst to aid in audience and donor analysis efforts across dozens of newsrooms. This work requires a contract of 10-20 hours per week. The data analyst will help our member newsrooms dig into their own data, identifying and highlighting metrics that help them move the needle on audience, revenue, and other key performance metrics.
There are 58 newsrooms in the Hub, and our data analyst will be an expert at gathering audience data from various platforms and newsrooms and translating it into benchmarks, strategies, and actions. The opportunity to work with dozens of newsrooms is one of many unique opportunities by working with the Hub. The data analyst must have a high degree of integrity and discretion, and must be willing to sign a nondisclosure agreement.
The News Revenue Hub is a mission-driven 501(c)3 nonprofit organization dedicated to helping news organizations achieve greater financial sustainability. We help our members implement fundraising models and audience strategies to cultivate sustained, loyal readership.
As data analyst, your chief responsibilities will include:
- Perform data collection and analysis across dozens of newsrooms to help the Hub understand how they are performing in revenue and audience
- Help Hub member newsrooms develop revenue and audience goals and benchmarks based on historic (and market-based) data and analysis
- Build templates for automated reports; maintain and troubleshoot our current suite of automated monthly KPI reports and database
- Work with editorial, audience and engineering teams in Hub newsrooms to augment their analytics infrastructure, including custom event/goals tracking, cross-platform, and cross-domain data collection
- Make metrics more accessible and actionable through role-based reports, notifications and CMS integrations
The ideal candidate will have:
- Proven experience with analytics platforms (Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Google Data Studio), Google Optimize, and fluency with Excel and/or Google Sheets
- Experience working with third-party APIs (Salesforce, MailChimp, Stripe, Facebook, etc.)
- BigQuery/RedShift or other data warehouse experience would be helpful
- Proven ability to collaborate and “teach others to fish” for actionable audience insights
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including analytics/data visualization
- Experience working in journalism a plus
Interested applicants should apply here by September 7, 2020.
The News Revenue Hub is committed to a diverse workplace. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage candidates of all ages, color, ethnic background, country of origin, religion, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, and gender identity to apply.