Starting salary: $65K to $95K per year
Location: Remote (Permanent)
Reports to: Senior Product Manager
We create software that allows our clients to fight misinformation, keep the public informed, and hold elected leaders accountable.
The News Revenue Hub, a nonprofit that builds web-based products and provides consulting to news organizations in service of the public good, is looking for an experienced Product Designer with a passion for mission-driven work to join our staff. As an early hire on a growing team, you will help set direction by interpreting our brand pillars and product strategy through a delightful and effective user experience. You will establish a design system that can be implemented and extended across various applications, and you will work with in-house and contract engineers to ensure the build meets acceptance criteria.
In this role, you will be responsible for mapping user journeys, modeling interaction patterns, and designing the user interface of our web applications. You’ll translate stakeholder needs into accessible and appealing interactive environments. You will design functional, user-centered, and attractive web applications, ensuring a frictionless user experience that reflects the high-quality consulting services on which we’ve built our reputation. You are a tech-savvy professional who is curious about new digital technologies and emerging trends and aspires to combine utility with appealing design.
You are adept at both proactively and passively collecting product requirements, understanding customer needs, and working with team members to make decisions. You strive to make data-driven decisions, but you can also make recommendations with imperfect information. You excel at transforming concepts into tangible, actionable requirements that engineering teams can build.
If you’re interested in advancing your career and designing meaningful products that make an impact in our communities, this job is for you.
- Design user-centered, accessible, and responsive web applications that inform implementation, support user needs, and meet business goals.
- Produce infographics, sketches, wireframes, mock-ups, high-fidelity design comps, and prototypes that allow you to present your work remotely to various team members at various stages.
- Spark discussion that distills requirements and validates assumptions.
- Generate insights from user research to surface user expectations/behaviors and propose value-adding solutions that meet their needs.
- Work effectively with, communicate design vision to, and respond to feedback from internal and external stakeholders: product management, technical staff, project management, business development, leadership, contract employees, and current and future users.
- Collaborate with front- and back-end engineers during the development process to mitigate blockers, clarify implementation details, and improve finished products.
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies to drive innovation.
- Passion for building products that serve the common good.
- Proven work experience in product design, UX/UI, and working collaboratively with software developers.
- Strong understanding of visual/graphic design principles, atomic design systems, and typography. Comfort building out components and considering various states (error states, hover states, color theory, and accessibility concerns).
- Experience executing or interpreting user research, including problem definition and solution validation.
- Strong analytical and synthesis skills, including the ability to absorb and process input into actionable information. Ability to gather and use data to drive decision-making.
- Ability to design for future state and refine to MVP. Comfort assessing scope, technical constraints, and available resources to develop iterative build specs in collaboration with product team staff.
- Attention to detail; accountability for build specifications.
- Proficiency in design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, Figma, and Invision.
- Experience with products related to nonprofit fundraising, grassroots marketing, email marketing, and/or online subscriptions/paywalls is helpful.
- No: Not providing sponsorship for this job
About News Revenue Hub
We are a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that works with news outlets to develop stronger business models and more loyal audiences. We help our clients become sustainable, allowing them to fight misinformation, keep the public informed, and hold elected leaders accountable. We provide a robust technology infrastructure specifically designed for journalism fundraising, along with customized strategies for audience and membership and donor development.
We work with over 60 news organizations and have had the opportunity to work on projects with big impact. Our approach to sustainability is holistic and we work closely with editors and audience strategists as we do with membership officers and fundraisers.
News Revenue Hub works with news organizations to implement fundraising models, automate time consuming processes, conduct experiments, adopt best practices, and more. Our mission is to help newsrooms achieve financial sustainability and take on the heavy lifting so our members can focus on what they do best: producing high quality journalism.
Benefits of working at the Hub include:
- 100% remote team with post-pandemic potential travel
- Full health benefits (medical, dental,vision).
- 401k plan with 5% match
- Home office stipend and cell phone reimbursement
- Flexible work hours with a generous vacation policy
- Life insurance
- Annual performance reviews with merit-based increases and opportunities for advancement
- Contribute to a mission-driven organization with a diverse and inclusive team of people who are passionate about helping news organizations build financial sustainability—because the public deserves access to quality journalism.
This position will remain open until filled.
All applications should be submitted through the link in this job posting. If you’re interested in this position but aren’t sure if your background is the perfect fit, please still apply. The Hub is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage candidates of all ages, color, ethnic background, country of origin, religion, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, and gender identity to apply.
Read more about our values here.