The News Revenue Hub is seeking a Digital Marketing/Google Analytics Specialist to aid in ongoing Google Analytics and Parse.ly data analysis. The data analyst will help newsrooms work with their audience data, identifying and highlighting metrics that help them move the needle on audience growth, loyalty, donations, and other key performance metrics.
There are more than 70 newsrooms in the Hub, and our data analyst will be an expert at configuring and gathering audience data from Google Analytics and Parse.ly, and translating it into benchmarks, strategies, and actions. The opportunity to work with dozens of newsrooms is one of many unique benefits to working with the Hub.
The data analyst must have a high degree of integrity and discretion, and must be willing to sign a nondisclosure agreement. This contract requires a minimum commitment of 10-20 hours per week.
The News Revenue Hub is a mission-driven 501(c)3 nonprofit organization dedicated to helping news organizations achieve greater financial sustainability. We help our members implement fundraising models and audience strategies to cultivate sustained, loyal readership.
As data analyst, your chief responsibilities will include:
- Perform data collection and analysis across dozens of newsrooms to help the Hub understand how they are performing in revenue and audience
- Regularly update and perform maintenance on more than a dozen newsrooms’ monthly Loyalty Data Trackers
- Build templates for automated reports; maintain and troubleshoot our current suite of automated monthly KPI reports and database
- Work with editorial, audience and engineering teams in Hub newsrooms to augment their analytics infrastructure, including custom event/goals tracking, cross-platform, and cross-domain data collection
- Make metrics more accessible and actionable through role-based reports, notifications and CMS integrations
- Serve as resident expert on customizing and troubleshooting Google Analytics, including creating custom reports, configurations, and event tracking
The ideal candidate will have:
- Proven experience with Google Analytics and other products (Google Tag Manager, Google Data Studio) and Parse.ly
- Fluency with Excel and Google Sheets
- Experience working with APIs such as Salesforce, MailChimp, Stripe, Facebook, etc.
- Proven ability to collaborate and “teach others to fish” for actionable audience insights
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including analytics/data visualization
- Experience working in journalism a plus
All applications should be submitted through the link in this job posting. If you’re interested in this position but aren’t sure if your background is the perfect fit, please still apply. The Hub is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage candidates of all ages, color, ethnic background, country of origin, religion, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, and gender identity to apply.