The News Revenue Hub is looking for a qualified Salesforce developer with a passion for mission-driven work to join our team.
- Customize Salesforce including APEX, VisualForce, Process Automation, Custom Trigger development, Data Modeling and Management, API development, and External Service Integration.
- Provide support of the Salesforce environment, especially related to customized applications, custom objects and workflow rules.
- Collaborate with various departments to ensure the Salesforce environment supports internal needs relating to functionality and performance.
- Responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of applications while adhering to standards developed by the technical architecture team.
- Participate in user story workshops and estimation sessions.
- Participate in sprint planning and sprint review sessions.
- Participate in team code reviews.
- Peer review other team members’ completed user stories and provide feedback.
- Collaboratively manage source control with the team including branching and merging procedures.
- Create and organize automated unit tests adhering to code coverage requirements.
- Understanding of common software development design patterns and ability to incorporate into technical solutions.
- Ability to provide support during non-standard work hours or during an unplanned outage or emergency if needed.
- 2 years developing and maintaining SFDC applications.
- Experience with SFDX.
- Experience with CumulusCI is helpful.
- Experience with Agile methodologies a plus.
- Salesforce certification is helpful but not required.
- MailChimp API experience helpful but not required.
- Experience with NPSP (Nonprofit Success Pack) helpful.
- Automated testing experience.
- Python experience helpful.
- Fluent in writing SOQL queries.
About News Revenue Hub
We are a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization dedicated to helping news outlets develop stronger business models. We provide a robust technology infrastructure specifically designed for journalism fundraising, along with customized strategies for audience and membership and donor development.
We work with over 60 news organizations and have had the opportunity to work on projects with big impact. Our approach to sustainability is holistic and we work closely with editors and audience strategists as we do with membership officers and fundraisers.
News Revenue Hub works with news organizations to implement fundraising models, automate time consuming processes, conduct experiments, adopt best practices, and more. Our mission is to help newsrooms achieve financial sustainability and take on the heavy lifting so our members can focus on what they do best: producing high quality journalism.
The Hub is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage candidates of all ages, color, ethnic background, country of origin, religion, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, and gender identity to apply.
About the Team
This is a 100% remote part-time contracting position. Hours are flexible.
The Hub is a fully remote operation built on communication, transparency, trust and respect.