The News Revenue Hub is a mission-driven 501(c)3 nonprofit organization dedicated to helping news outlets develop stronger business models. We provide a robust technology infrastructure specifically designed for journalism fundraising, along with customized strategies for audience and donor development.
We combine the use of technology and hands-on support to help our member organizations manage their databases; automate time consuming processes; communicate with constituents; and raise funds for their organization. We do this because we believe the public deserves access to high quality journalism.
- Customize Salesforce including APEX, VisualForce, Process Automation, Custom Trigger development, Data Modeling and Management, API development, and External Service Integration.
- Provide support of the Salesforce environment, especially related to customized applications, custom objects and workflow rules.
- Collaborate with various departments to ensure the Salesforce environment supports internal needs relating to functionality and performance.
- Responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of applications while adhering to standards developed by the technical architecture team.
- Participate in user story workshops and estimation sessions.
- Participate in sprint planning and sprint review sessions.
- Participate in team code reviews.
- Peer review other team members’ completed user stories and provide feedback.
- Collaboratively manage source control with the team including branching and merging procedures.
- Create and organize automated unit tests adhering to code coverage requirements.
- Understanding of common software development design patterns and ability to incorporate into technical solutions.
- Ability to provide support during non-standard work hours or during an unplanned outage or emergency if needed.
- 2 years developing and maintaining SFDC applications.
- Experience with SFDX.
- Experience with CumulusCI is helpful.
- Experience with Agile methodologies a plus.
- Salesforce certification is helpful but not required.
- MailChimp API experience helpful but not required.
- Experience with NPSP (Nonprofit Success Pack) helpful.
- Automated testing experience.
- Python experience helpful.
- Fluent in writing SOQL queries.
This is a 100% remote part-time contracting position. Hours are flexible.
Interested applicants should apply here by September 30, 2020.
The News Revenue Hub is committed to a diverse workplace. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage candidates of all ages, color, ethnic background, country of origin, religion, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, and gender identity to apply.