THIS POSITION IS NOW CLOSED
The News Revenue Hub is a mission-driven nonprofit that helps journalism organizations get on a path to sustainability by offering them hands-on support, consulting, and tech tools.
This role sits at the heart of everything we do. The Project Coordinator provides general support to the Hub team, as well as our newsroom clients, to execute projects and make things happen. The Project Coordinator assists the EVP by triaging and resolving client requests; coordinating client onboarding and meetings; and documenting our work. The Project Coordinator also supports the Director of Strategy with email campaigns.
- Work with and learn from dozens of news organizations around the country. Earn the trust of our newsroom clients—including executives, fundraising professionals, and journalists—and become a valued member of their team.
- Coordinate and manage client onboarding and membership launch, ensuring clients start off with a positive experience. Coordinate, schedule, and document meetings and webinars.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously; intuitively understand project priorities in the context of Hub and client expectations. Complete all projects on time with creativity and a high degree of quality.
- Keep the Hub Slack lively and build a strong sense of camaraderie among our 200+ person community, and prompt clients to provide insight and ideas. Promote good ideas and accomplishments from inside and outside the Hub.
- Work with EVP to respond to customer service requests from donors within 24 hours (for clients who currently pay for this service).
- Bachelor degree in journalism, marketing, design, business, or similar field.
- Attention to detail; proven ability to triage and resolve problems on the fly and communicate with those around you; teamwork and resourcefulness required.
- Relevant experience in customer service and/or project management. Experience with project management software such as Basecamp preferred.
- Empathy, communication, respect, and the ability to act as a member of many different teams. Excellent interpersonal, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of email and direct marketing fundraising strategies and tactics. Experience setting up and delivering campaigns using MailChimp preferred. Familiarity with HTML preferred.
- The ability to self-motivate, self-manage, and work remotely.
This is a full time, salaried position with benefits. The position is 100% remote but may require occasional travel.
The News Revenue Hub is committed to a diverse workplace. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage candidates of all ages, color, ethnic background, country of origin, religion, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, and gender identity to apply.
Salary range is $45,000-$55,000 per year.
If you are interested in this position, please apply by August 9, 2019.